Staying Sharp: What you should be doing everyday
Many people struggle with how they should spend their time transitioning to the next level. They ask, “what should I do, Dr. Watkins?” Here are my top 6 recommendations of daily habits you should develop:
- Spend at least 10 minutes praying - Prayer is dialoguing with God. God is ready to speak answers and solutions to your heart. But you must be in a position to hear.
- Remind yourself of your purpose – Keep your mind on your “why” throughout the day. Of course, your “why” shouldn’t be money, status, or sales. But God, family, results.
- Tackle challenging tasks first – To avoid the spirit of dread later in the day, do things you dread the most first… the rest of your day will get lighter.
- Find something to improve – Your goal should be to experience measurable results, not just be busy. Your responsibility is to improve your systems, strategies, processes, and people daily.
- Engage someone new – Social media makes engaging people easy. But your success and blessing will come from people that God leads you to engage in the natural.
- Eat healthily and laugh out loud – Start seeing food as the fuel you need to maximize your energy, not an event. And, hearing your laugh out loud will release healing endorphins over your life!